Students will have the opportunity to use their passion for Mathematics to engage with the wider community, and at the same time develop their abilities to communicate with different kinds of audiences as well as their organisation skills. They will join the Mathematics Outreach Team, participate in core meetings and training, and collaborate in the organisation and delivery of several public engagement activities (including workshops, masterclasses, exhibits, and popular lectures). By the end of the programme they will be able to organize and coordinate an outreach event and to train other people. The programme will consist of three parts.
Students will join the Mathematics Outreach Team and participate in the monthly meetings and some relevant training. In addition, they will:
- Help in the delivery of at least one outreach activities
- Help with the organisation of at least one activity
Students will be part of the Mathematics Outreach Team and participate in the monthly meetings. In addition, they will
- Help with the delivery/organisation of at least one outreach activity (ideally two)
- Be the main organiser of at least one activity
Students will be part of the Mathematics Outreach Team and participate in the monthly meetings. In addition, they will:
- Help with the delivery or organisation of at least one activity
- Be the main organizer of at least one activity, and produce a final product for future use (e.g. publish a popular mathematics article, design a masterclass (with activities for students), create an engaging video/series or create an interactive exhibit.
- Help in training new members of the team
Throughout the programme, you will keep a portfolio, where you reflect on the different activities you contribute to. At the end of each year, you will submit a short reflective essay about the events you have taken part in and how being part of the programme has helped your personal development.
Throughout the programme you will liaise with the stream leader and agree on the activities you will contribute to, depending on the team needs and on your personal interests and inclinations.
If you would like any further details, do not hesitate to contact Francesca Iezzi (email@example.com or 0131 650 5842).